Spa Training and Services
Sacred Bodywork Spa Staff Training Program
Our Spa Staff Training Program was designed with the operational goals of spas in mind--enhance the guest experience and build revenue. Training is an important component in attaining these two goals. The better trained your therapists, the better the guest experience. If part of your staff has less training, it means fewer treatments you can book for those therapists, leading to more complicated scheduling and ultimately lost revenue and disappointed guests. So, let us help bring those therapists up to the level of the others.
The other way we can help is by customizing training for you with the specific goal of adding services to your menu. If you have ever considered going beyond Deep Tissue or Sports Massage, maybe Thai on the Table is a good new option to offer your clients. Or, for a versatile guest favorite, why not add Thai Herbal Compress Massage to your menu. These heated bundles are aromatic (so everyone in the spa will ask 'what is that amazing smell?'), anti-inflammatory, relaxing and indulgent.
We offer advanced massage training so therapists already proficient in Western massage techniques can broaden their available techniques into Thai or Hawaiian traditions. Our certified programs are suitable for any spa wishing to enhance the services they offer their guests. We will teach your staff from beginner to advanced Thai Massage or Hawaiian Lomilomi Massage. Participants in our program will become familiar with the Eastern philosophies of massage and can graduate from our continuing education programs with proficiency in new hands-on bodywork techniques. Many of these treatments can be used either alone or in combination with other massage therapy techniques.
Our training program will be built around authentic Thai and/or Hawaiian techniques, with flexibility designed just for your spa, and depending on what types of treatments you would ultimately like to offer to your guests. If you want a "flavor of Thai," the Thai Massage on the Table program might be ideal for you. But if you want to create a new menu of offerings, the entire Thai program might be the right answer. We keep our Spa Staff Training Program as simple and flexible as possible because we understand the operational needs of your spa; regardless of the program or programs you choose, our goal is for members of your staff to leave our training classes with the skills necessary to immediately begin practicing their new techniques. We know the more skills and broader diversity of skills your staff has, the better your bottom line results.
Once we have conducted a training for your spa, we offer continuing support. Your therapists will be eligible for a 25% discount from our normal course fees when registering for one of our regularly scheduled classes covering the same material we taught in your spa. So, if three months after the training, you hire a new therapist who needs the Stone Massage training we gave to the entire team, she can find the next scheduled class on our website and register at 25% off.
Again, with flexibility in mind, we offer options that can meet your specific needs. If you are planning to add a new service to your menu, perhaps you need to train the bulk of your staff at once and you plan to pick up the entire tab. On the other hand, maybe you want to help your therapists to improve their overall skills to enhance the guest experience; we can work out a group training rate even if your individual therapists are going to pay. They need the training to renew their licenses and you want your guests to have a great massage. Everyone wins.
All trainings are conducted personally by Jairo Cardona, LMT, NCBTMB, and Dennis Stovall, LMT, NCBTMB, Thai teachers, both founders/directors of Sacred Bodywork LLC - approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a Continuing Education Approved Provider # 450670-08, Florida State Continuing Education Provider # 50-9043 and Louisiana Continuing Education Provider #LAO0155.
We emphasize small class sizes to insure that each student receives the maximum personal attention possible. This methodology will make your therapists more knowledgeable and proficient, which translates directly into revenue potential and a competitive edge in a growing but very competitive industry.
Any of our continuing education courses found on this site can be selected as part of your spa training program or we can customize a class for your specific needs.
Customized Thai Massage Spa protocols based on the courses below are available:
- Front Position
- Sitting Position
- Side Lying Position
- Back Position
- Thai on the Table Spa Flow
- Thai Herbal Compress Massage
- Thai Facial Massage
- Thai Detox Massage
- Thai Foot Massage
The Hawaiian Lomilomi course options are:
- Lomilomi Basic Spa Protocol
- Lomilomi Advanced Spa Protocol (uses hot stones)
We also offer:
- Sacred Hot Stone Massage, and
- Customized training based on your current menu of services
Following the massage course, we suggest that each participant perform a minimum of two supervised clinic sessions to demonstrate proficiency. We recommend that your front desk and other operational staff receive work during this process. This will give them familiarity with the treatments so they can better assist guests in booking, giving you a better return on your investment.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Your existing staff can be professionally trained with minimal disruption of your normal business scheduling.
- Two, Three or Four days per week (8 hours each day) of intensive training for each spa service
- Clear, practical and concise conceptual knowledge to support the hands-on techniques
- Complete list of all equipment and supplies needed for each service
- Step-by-step instruction in proper technique for each massage protocol/service
- Observation of each student in every technique and individual feedback as necessary
- Highlights of the most common errors committed in each massage technique or sequence
- Training manual for each student plus a master copy
- NCBTMB and/or Florida Continuing Education Certificate of completion for each massage program completed.
Option 1: Discounts from standard fees found on our Courses page range from 15-30% depending on number of participants.
Option 2: $800 per day, eight hours. (9 a.m.- 6 p.m. with one hour for lunch, for example).
Roundtrip coach airline ticket plus ground transportation fares or 50 cents per mile by car
One hotel per day of class, plus one night before class. The current state of air travel makes it unreliable to arrive with certainty at a given time the same day training begins.
A quiet room large enough for 12 chairs (mornings) and 6-8 massage tables and/or Thai mats (afternoons) and a display table. A room which is 30’ x 20’ works well. Smaller groups can use proportionately smaller rooms. There must be a bathroom nearby.
YOU NEED TO PROVIDE
- Detailed list of attendees, massage licenses numbers and basic experience of each student
- Massage tables, Thai Massage mats, sheets and towels
- Chairs and/or Thai floor cushions
- Hot cabi
- Massage oil
- Cold water and hot teas for all
Some of the Spas we have worked with include:
- AHA Massage Clinic and Salon, Houma, Louisiana
- Allegria Spa, Vail, Colorado
- Anelas, Houma, Louisiana
- Aria Spa, Vail, Colorado
- Arrabelle Spa, Vail Colorado
- Arrowhead Spa, Vail Colorado
- Cordillera Spa, Vail, Colorado
- Balance Day Spa Greensboro, NC
- Calm Waters Spa at Hawks Cay Resort, Duck Key, FL
- Daytona State College, Daytona, FL
- Educating Hands School of Massage, Miami, FL
- Intrinsic Health Systems, Miami, FL
- Innovative Body Solutions, Miami, FL
- Marriott Hotel, Key Largo, Florida
- Massage Envy Lantana, FL
- Massage Envy West Boca, FL
- Maui Spa and Wellness Center, Boca Raton, FL
- Mondrian Agua Spa, Mondrian Hotel, Miami Beach, FL
- Ritz Carlton Spa, Vail Colorado
- Sonnenalp Resort, Vail, Colorado
- Spa One, Bal Harbour, FL
- The Standard Spa, Miami Beach, FL
Recent Spa Training Classes
Congratulations to our most recent Spa Staff Training Graduates from Mondran South Beach Hotel, the Spa at One Bal Harbour and The Standard Spa in Miami Beach, Florida!
Please contact us to discuss your Spa' specific needs:
Dennis Stovall at 786.261.6170
Sacred Bodywork Featured Staff Training Programs in the US and Thailand
Thaditional Thai Yoga Massage
Thai Massage on the Table
Thai Facial Massage
Thai Foot Massage
Thai Herbal Compress Massage
Thai Detox Protocols
Traditional Hawaiian Lomilomi Massage
Sacred Stone Massage
Thank you for becoming part of our mission.
Jairo Cardona and Dennis Stovall, LMT’s, NCBTMB
Sacred Bodywork, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. NCBTMB Provider # 450670-08, and by the States of Florida and Louisiana Boards of Massage Therapy, Florida CE Provider # 50-9043 and Louisiana CE Provider #LAO0155.